ROCK 3 Model A
This is the documentation for ROCK 3 Model A, written by Radxa Team with community contributions.
ROCK 3A features a quad core Cortex-A55 ARM processor, 32bit 3200Mb/s LPDDR4, up to 4K@60 HDMI, MIPI DSI, MIPI CSI, 3.5mm jack with mic, USB Port, GbE LAN, PCIe 3.0, PCIe 2.0, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK 3 supports USB PD and QC powering.
Close look of ROCK 3A
|Model||ROCK 3 Model A|
| RK3568 |
Quad-core Cortex-A55, freqency 2Ghz
|Memory||2/4/8GB LPDDR4 3200MT/s, up to 1560MHz|
μSD card (μSD slot supports up to 128 GB μSD card)
M.2 SSD (M.2 connector supports up to 8TB M2 NVME SSD)
|Display|| HDMI 2.0 up to 4k*2k@60|
MIPI DSI 2 lanes via FPC connector
Any two of HDMI, MIPI DSI can work at the same time, support mirror mode or extend mode.
|Audio|| 3.5mm jack with mic|
HD codec that supports up to 24-bit/96KHz audio.
|Camera||MIPI CSI 2 lanes via FPC connector, support up to 800 MP camera.|
|Wireless||None. Optional ROCK Pi Wireless Module|
|USB|| USB 3.0 OTG X1, hardware switch for host/device switch, upper one|
USB 3.0 HOST X1
USB 2.0 HOST X2
|Ethernet|| GbE LAN with Power over Ethernet (PoE) support|
additional HAT is required for powering from PoE
|IO|| 40-pin expansion header|
5 x UART
1 x SPI bus
2 x I2C bus
6 x PWM
1 x ADC
1 x CAN
6 x GPIO
2 x 5V DC power in
1 x 3.3V DC power in
RTC battery connector for time backup(optional)
|Power|| USB PD, support USB Type C PD 2.0, 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A, 20V/2A.|
Qualcomm® Quick ChargeTM: Supports QC 3.0/2.0 adapter, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A
|Size||85mm x 56mm|
Getting start guide
Follow the Guide to start using your ROCK 3A.
Use Radxa Debian
Follow the Radxa Debian Guide
Download and install third party OS
Find more OS by the Radxa friends and the community.
Find supported accessories
Discover the accessories that just work on ROCK 3A
Learn more about the hardware details
Learn more about the ROCK 3A connectors and pinout
Check the data sheets of the components used on ROCK 3A.
ROCK 3A is in massive production now. Radxa guarantee availability ROCK 3A until at least September 2029.
CE & FCC certification.
- Getting started with ROCK 3A, including what you need and how to get it booted.
- ROCK 3A GPIO pinout
- 2022-07-08: OpenSUSE now supports Radxa Zero, installation tutorials from OpenSUSE Wiki.
- 2022-06-23: ROCK 5B Developer Edition is shipping, checkout the Debug Party
- 2022-01-09: ROCK 5 Model B is announced: an ARM64 desktop level SBC
- 2021-10-11: Radxa Zero Debian/Ubuntu system images are released. Check the Radxa Zero Downloads.
- 2021-08-25: ROCK 3A Debian/Ubuntu system images are released. Check the ROCK 3 Downloads.
- 2021-07-11: IOhub is even more affordable with ROCK PI X hardware
- 2021-06-16: Radxa Zero is released
- 2021-04-15: ROCK PI S Based GPS NTP appliance is launched
- 2021-03-13: Build a Mini Serene Screen Aquarium with ROCK Pi X
- 2021-03-11: ROCK Pi 4 as the perfect Chia coin crypto currency farmer
- Forum: http://forum.radxa.com
- Discord: https://rock.sh/go
- QQ Group: 591048098
- Wechat Group:
- How to contribute to this wiki, refer ROCK Pi 4 contribution page