- 1 Work with ROCK Pi S Debian
Work with ROCK Pi S Debian
Introduction to ROCK Pi S Debian
ROCK Pi S Debian is an easy to use desktop system. While working with ROCKPI4Debian, you will find it do well on playing music, playing video, Internet, Bluetooth and so on.
Here Need a USB to TTL serial cable. Or use SSH.
Debian Default User Account
User Name : rock Password : rock
Install and update necessary packages
Add Radxa APT, see Radxa APT.
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install -y rockchip-overlay rockchip-fstab $ sudo apt-get install -y linux-4.4-rockpis-latest rockpis-dtbo
Install xfce4 desktop
$ sudo apt-get install -y xfce4 $ sudo apt-get install -y xfce4-goodies task-xfce-desktop lightdm dialog tango-icon-theme
There are two methods for network connection. One is Ethernet and the other is WIFI.
You can use a network cable (one end connected to the external network port or route) to connect your ROCK Pi S to the network. The ROCK Pi S will automatically configure the network for your surfing on the Internet.
To test the Ethernet, we need to follow the steps:
- Switch to super user mode by command
$ sudo su
- Check whether the Ethernet is normal by command, ifconfig, which would show us a network card, eth0, and the Ethernet IP address. Also, use tool, ping, to connect to a normal domain.
$ ifconfig $ ping www.baidu.com
When there is not a network cable for your ROCK Pi S the WIFI connection is another good choice. ROCK Pi S supports 2.4G WIFI wireless network.
Here are the common commands.
- Switch to super user mode
$ sudo su
- Open the WIFI
$ nmcli r wifi on
- Scan WIFI
$ nmcli dev wifi
- Connect to WIFI network
$ nmcli dev wifi connect "wifi_name" password "wifi_password"
- Kernel version updated to 4.4.143-23-rockchip-g394d86b2b38b
- Support 3.5inch waveshare model B and C LCD
- Default serial console: UART0
- Default non-root user: rock (password: rock)
- Hostname: rockpis
- Support SSH