- 1 Work with ROCK Pi E Debian
- 1.1 Introduction to ROCK Pi E Debian
- 1.2 Debian Default User Account
- 1.3 Install and update necessary packages
- 1.4 Install xfce4 desktop
- 1.5 Network Connection
- 1.6 Changelogs
Work with ROCK Pi E Debian
Introduction to ROCK Pi E Debian
ROCK Pi E Debian is an easy to use desktop system. While working with ROCK Pi E Debian, you will find it do well on playing music, playing video, Internet, Bluetooth and so on.
Here Need a USB to TTL serial cable. Or use SSH.
Debian Default User Account
User Name : rock Password : rock
Install and update necessary packages
Add Radxa APT, see Radxa APT.
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install -y rockchip-overlay $ sudo apt-get install -y linux-4.4-latest
Install xfce4 desktop
$ sudo apt-get install -y xfce4 $ sudo apt-get install -y xfce4-goodies task-xfce-desktop lightdm dialog tango-icon-theme
There are two methods for network connection. One is Ethernet and the other is WIFI.
ROCK Pi E provides dual ethernets. You can use two network cables at the same time to connect your ROCK Pi E to the network. The ROCK Pi E will automatically configure the network for your surfing on the Internet.
To test the Ethernet, we need to follow the steps:
- Switch to super user mode by command
$ sudo su
- Check whether the Ethernet is normal by command, ifconfig, which would show us two network cards, eth0 and eth1, and the Ethernet IP address. Also, use tool, ping, to connect to a normal domain.
$ ifconfig $ ping -I eth0 www.baidu.com $ ping -I eth1 www.baidu.com
When there is not a network cable for your ROCK Pi E the WIFI connection is another good choice. ROCK Pi E supports 2.4G WIFI wireless network.
To test the WIFI performance, we need to follow the steps:
- Switch to super user mode
$ sudo su
- Open the WIFI
$ nmcli r wifi on
- Scan WIFI
$ nmcli dev wifi
- Connect to WIFI network
$ nmcli dev wifi connect "wifi_name" password "wifi_password"
- Test WIFI perpormance by tool iperf.