This page describe how to download and install the image on a M.2 NVME SSD and boot on ROCK Pi 4. You need at least the following.
- ROCK Pi 4 board with power supply
- A M.2 NVME SSD
- A PC/laptop running Windows or Linux or MacOS who has M.2 port
Step 2: Download necessary tools and image
- Etcher is the tool we use to write image. Download the right Etcher for your PC from Rockpi4/downloads page and install it. Check [Etcher website] for more info about Etcher.
- Choose the image you want to install from Rockpi4/downloads page and unzip it. The unzipped image name is like below:
We will use it for the writing.
Step 3: Write the image to M.2 NVME SSD and run system on it
1. Insert the M.2 NVME SSD to host computer.
2. Run the application, for example, by executing the command on Ubuntu 16.04:
$ /bin/bash etcher-etcher-electron-1.4.5-x86_64.AppImage
3. In the etcher window, we click button Select image.
4. In the etcher window, we click button Select Drive.
5. In the etcher window, we click button Flash.
6. In the etcher window, it shows us Flash Complete!
Done! Now you have successfully installed the OS image on microSD card.
You also use dd command to write image to M.2 NVME SSD too.
- Write the image to M.2 NVME SSD using dd command.
sudo dd if=rockpi4_debian_stretch_lxde_armhf_20181105_2120-gpt.img of=/dev/(your M.2 NVME SSD name)
And then you can run system on M.2 NVME SSD, if you don't known what to do click here