ROCK 4 is a series of Rockchip RK3399 series SoC based SBC(Single Board Computer) in a small form factor by Radxa. It can run android or some Linux distributions as well as BSD distributions.
ROCK 4 series feature a dual core Cortex-A72 + quad core Cortex-A53 ARM processor, 64bit LPDDR4, up to 4K@60 HDMI, MIPI DSI, MIPI CSI, 3.5mm jack with mic, USB Port, GbE LAN, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. ROCK 4 series is first introduced in 2018 with ROCK 4 Model A and Model B, more models are added during the time:
- ROCK 4A and 4B - 2018
- ROCK 4C - 2020
- ROCK 4A Plus and 4B Plus - 2021
- ROCK 4C Plus - 2022
- ROCK 4 SE - 2022
All models are supported by Radxa team until 2029.
- 2022-07-08: OpenSUSE now supports Radxa Zero, installation tutorials from OpenSUSE Wiki.
- 2022-06-23: ROCK 5B Developer Edition is shipping, checkout the Debug Party
- 2022-01-09: ROCK 5 Model B is announced: an ARM64 desktop level SBC
- 2021-10-11: Radxa Zero Debian/Ubuntu system images are released. Check the Radxa Zero Downloads.
- 2021-08-25: ROCK 3A Debian/Ubuntu system images are released. Check the ROCK 3 Downloads.
- 2021-07-11: IOhub is even more affordable with ROCK PI X hardware
- 2021-06-16: Radxa Zero is released
- 2021-04-15: ROCK PI S Based GPS NTP appliance is launched
- 2021-03-13: Build a Mini Serene Screen Aquarium with ROCK Pi X
- 2021-03-11: ROCK Pi 4 as the perfect Chia coin crypto currency farmer