Rabian is the new Debian based Linux distribution for radxa products. Currently Rabian is based on Debian 8, jessie. Rabian will be the only distribution officially supported by radxa team(we have limited efforts). Currently Rabian supports the following boards:
- rock full/lite (2013)
- rock pro/lite (2014)
- rock2 square
- rock2 full
The features of Rabian:
- Fast and lightweight, full function desktop
- beautiful, clean and modern
- easy to use, radxa will provide more GUI apps and debian packages to make the device more friendly
- up to date, besides the updating from officail Debian package repository, radxa also provides up to date debian package server - apt.radxa.us
Nightly build download:
First, checkout the starting guide of your board.
After you have everything setup, you should have the login screen of Rabian. The default user and password is
username: rock password: rock
Get the most storage of your board
Open the Application Menu -> System Tools -> Mate Terminal, and input the following command.
sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2
Setup the network
For Rabian, wifi should work out of the box on all devices. But if it doesn't check below:
- Why CPU is 100% after desktop is idle for some minutes?
Rock2 square supports dynamic cpu frequency. The cpu can run as low as 126Mhz and as high as 1.8Ghz depends on the task load. This saves power. If you want to let the cpu ran at 1.8Ghz all the time. Run echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
- How to boot Rabian in console/text mode
sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target
To start GUI from text mode:
sudo /etc/init.d/lightdm start
To go back to GUI mode:
sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target
To get the current run-level:
sudo systemctl get-default
Report your issue at github: https://github.com/radxa/rabian-build/issues
check Rabian/develop for how to build and contribute to Rabian.