- 1 OS
- 2 Addons
What OS is ROCK Pi S running?
- Currently we have Debian Buster, Armbian and Slackware Linux running on ROCK Pi S.
Can I ssh to ROCK Pi S running official Debian?
- Yes, you can. The ROCK Pi S is shown as rockpis.local in your local network. Check out the Using SSH page.
For ROCK Pi S Ubuntu/Debian system images, the kernel reserves a lot of RAM (about 89 MB), can I reclaim some RAM back?
- Yes. The solution is to add "swiotlb=1024" to the kernel command line. It should let you reclaim 62MB of RAM. See this Radxa forum post.
- Take the latest ROCK Pi S Debian system as an example, add the following line at the end of file /boot/uEnv.txt.
Where is the Radxa APT sources list?
- Check file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/apt-radxa-com.list.
Radxa APT public key is not available
- When I try to run apt update, i get following error:
$ sudo apt update ... Err:21 http://apt.radxa.com/bionic-stable bionic InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY B99C4BEFEC47E96E Get:31 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports bionic/universe Translation-en [4941 kB] Get:32 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports bionic/multiverse arm64 Packages [126 kB] Get:33 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports bionic/multiverse Translation-en [108 kB] Reading package lists... Done W: GPG error: http://apt.radxa.com/bionic-stable bionic InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY B99C4BEFEC47E96E E: The repository 'http://apt.radxa.com/bionic-stable bionic InRelease' is not signed. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details. ...
The reason is the public key used before is expired. You can execute the following command to get the new available.
sudo apt-get install -y wget export DISTRO=buster-stable wget -O - apt.radxa.com/$DISTRO/public.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update
Where is the PoE HAT for ROCK Pi S? I can't find it anywhere
- As the time of writing, the PoE HAT for ROCK Pi S is still under development. We are planning two versions of PoE HAT for the S, the standard 802.3af one and the passive PoE one.