Frequently Asked Questions
Who is behind the Radxa project.
- Radxa is a startup company by Tom Cubie and his friends based in Shenzhen, China.
Features and Specifications
How to get access to the private git server.?
- you can download the git repo here: http://dl.radxa.com/rock/source/radxa_rock_android.tar.gz no account is needed.
- Decompress and run git checkout . to get the source files
OTG cable and power supplier
- Standard micro USB OTG cable would be OK. 5V/2A power supplier is suggested.
what's the user and password of Lubuntu
there are two users default in Lubuntu:root and rock. the user and password as bellow
user password rock rock root root
If the image is built by yourself, the default user is linaro
user password linaro linaro
What is the WiFi module chip and can it operate as an Access Point?
- The WiFi module is a RTL8723au and at the moment there is not much information regarding this module available on the internet but you can use it as an Access Point. You can view the specification for the module here: RTL8723 module specification. and the driver can be found here: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723au.
- Some Radxa Rock boards come with a RTL8188ETV, the driver for this module can be found here: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu.
What is the size of the board?
- The size is 10x8cm (4"x3.1"), about 1.2cm (0.5") tall.
Are both audio in and out on the 80 pin?
- Audio in is on the 80 pin headers and audio out is on the HDMI, S/PDIF and AV jack.
- There is also an integrated microphone on the PCB.
What video and audio formats does the Radxa Rock support?
- You can view the full supported audio and video format here:
Radxa Rock has Audio S/PDIF out, optical. Is it sound 5.1 (7.1)?
- From the rk3188 manual, the spdif feature is:
- Audio resolution: 16bits/20bits/24bits
- Software configurable sample rates (48KHz, 44.1KHz, 32KHz)
- Stereo voice replay with 2 channels
- so it's not 5.1 audio.
What battery does the Radxa Rock need for the RTC (Real-Time Clock)?
- The model of the RTC battery is CR1220 and it's 3V.
Why android keeps crashing and rebooting while in some apps(Gmail,benchmark antutu)or restart repeatedly
- It's the problem of the power supply. Radxa should be powered by DC (5V/2A)
How to back to android from ubuntu (dual-boot system)
- there is a item "b2Android" in the left bottom corner, click it to android.