ROCK Pi X > Getting started
This guide is designed for ROCK Pi X enthusiast. The purpose is to learn about the ROCK Pi X board as well as how to prepare and set up for basic use. The ROCK Pi X comes in models, one called ROCK Pi X Model A and the other called ROCK Pi X Model B. When you get a board, you need to know what Pi model it is and which hardware version it is. The information is printed in the top side of the board. We will introduce the board information as much as possible.
What you need
- ROCK Pi X main board
- ROCK Pi X Model A or Model B
- One of the Storage media below:
- Power supply
- The ROCK Pi X is powered by Type-C port and has a wide range of input voltage, from 9V to 21V. The Pi supports USB Type-C PD 2.0 with 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A and 20V/2A. Besides, the Pi supports QC 3.0/2.0 with 9V/2A and 12V/1.5A.
- The Type-C cable you using needs to support data communication. We call it USB Type-C charging data cable.
- USB Keyboard and Mouse
- With four USB-A connectors, ROCK Pi X can be equipped with a full sized keyboard and mouse.
- Monitor and HDMI Cable
- ROCK Pi X is equipped with a full sized HDMI connector. HDMI capable monitor is recommended.
- HDMI EDID display data is used to determine the best display resolution. On monitors and TVs that support 1080p (or 4K) this resolution will be selected. If 1080p is not supported the next available resolution reported by EDID will be used. This selected mode will work with MOST but not all monitors/TVs.
|Model||ROCK PI X Model A||ROCK PI X Model B|
|Processor|| 64bits Quad Core X86 Processor|
Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail
Quad-core processor @ 1.44 GHz / 1.84 GHz (Turbo)
Intel Gen8 HD graphics @ 500 MHz
64bit dual channel LPDDR3@1866Mb/s, 1GB/2GB/4GB optional
|Storage|| eMMC module (Optional industrial compatible high performance eMMC module, 16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB available)|
μSD card (μSD slot supports up to 128 GB μSD card)
|Display||HDMI 2.0 up to 4k@30|
|Audio|| 3.5mm jack with mic|
HD codec that supports up to 24-bit/96KHz audio.
|Wireless||None|| 802.11 ac wifi|
with on board antenna and external antenna support.
|USB|| USB 3.0 OTG X1, hardware switch for host/device switch, lower one|
USB 2.0 HOST X3
|Ethernet||GbE LAN|| GbE LAN with Power over Ethernet (PoE) support|
additional HAT is required for powering from PoE
|IO|| 40-pin expansion header|
2 x UART
2 x SPI bus
2 x I2C bus
1 x PCM/I2S
1 x SPDIF
2 x PWM
1 x ADC
6 x GPIO
2 x 5V DC power in
2 x 3.3V DC power in
RTC battery connector for time backup(optional)
|Power|| USB PD, support USB Type C PD 2.0, 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A, 20V/2A.|
Qualcomm® Quick ChargeTM: Supports QC 3.0/2.0 adapter, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A
|Size||85mm x 54mm|