ROCK Pi X
X is for X86.
This is the documentation for ROCK Pi X, written by Radxa Team with community contributions.
ROCK Pi X is the first X86 SBC(Single Board Computer) by Radxa. It can run Windows and Linux distributions. The ROCK Pi X is started after the Radxa team get a lot of inquiries from the users if the ROCK Pi 4 can run Windows.
ROCK Pi X features an Intel Cherry Trail quad core processor Z8300, 64bit dual channel 1866Mb/s LPDDR3, up to 4K@30 HDMI, MIPI DSI, eDP, MIPI CSI, 3.5mm jack with mic, 802.11 ac WIFI, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Port, GbE LAN, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK Pi X supports USB PD and QC powering.
ROCK Pi X comes in two models, Model A and Model B, each model has 1GB, 2GB or 4GB ram options. for detailed difference of Model A and Model B, please check Specifications.
- 2020-03-23: ROCK Pi 4 new Android firmware adds support for libmraa, access the GPIO/I2C/SPI/UART/ADC in your APK.
- 2020-03-18: ROCK Pi BaiduPan: Another download site for official ROCK Pi system images.
- 2020-03-16: ROCK Pi S new version of Debian and Ubuntu system images are released. Check the ROCK Pi S Downloads.
- 2020-03-16: ROCK Pi E new version of Debian system images is released. Check the ROCK Pi E Downloads.
- 2020-03-06: ROCK Pi N10 Ubuntu Bionic Server is released. More details.
- 2020.02.19: Libmraa can be used on ROCK Pi S.
- 2019-12-19: ROCK Pi S Ubuntu Bionic system image is released. More details.
- 2019-12-19: ROCK Pi S Debian Buster system image is updated. More details.
- 2019-12-13: Panfrost on ROCKPI4 : DUST: An Elysian Tail game testing video on youtube
- 2019-12-11: ROCK Pi SATA HATs for Raspberry Pi 4 and ROCK Pi 4 are released.
- 2019-11-29: ROCK Pi 4: Now you can run Android on M2 NVMe SSD.
- 2019-11-20: Update ROCK Pi S Debian Buster system image.
- 2019-11-10: 🔥ROCK Pi S v1.2 is shipping now. Get it from Allnet or Seeed Studio.
- 2019-11-07: How to Compile a kernel module on ROCK Pi 4.
- 2019-11-05: ROCK Pi 4 supports PXE boot.
- 2019-11-05: ROCK Pi S supports adb.
- 2019-10-14: DietPi for ROCK Pi 4 is released. Checkout the Rockpi4/downloads page.
- 2019-09-23: Community member Dondon did a talk at MRMCD2019 about BLOB FREE mainline kernel/u-boot on ROCK Pi 4. Checkout the slides and video( Language Germany).
- 2019-09-11: ROCK Pi 4 New ROM: AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware by mo123
- 2019-09-09: Developer mo123 has released a custom latest build of LibreELEC for RockPi 4.
- 2019-08-27: TWRP 3.2.3-0 Recovery for ROCK Pi 4 is released!
- 2019-08-20: 🕹Two more videos from PI LAB: [N64 emulation on ROCK PI 4 under Panfrost], [Quick test of scrcpy on my ROCK PI 4]
- 2019-08-20: 🐧Slackware for ROCK Pi S is released. Thanks to Mara. Download from RockpiS/downloads and join the discussion.
- 2019-08-16: Videos from PI LAB testing Panfrost GPU driver - [Panfrost on Rockpi4b]
- 2019-08-06: ROCK Pi and an easy place: Panfrost & Wayland on a Rockchip board - Blog from Radxa friends Collabora talking about the open source mali GPU driver on mainline kernel.
- 2019-07-29: Sgminer on ROCK Pi 4, a guide on using GPU mining on ROCK Pi 4. Thanks wll1rah.
- 2019-07-05: 🔌 ROCK Pi PoE HAT is shipping now. Buy from Allnet China and checkout the PoE_HAT wiki page.
- 2019-07-03: 🎵HiFiBerry on ROCK Pi 4. Checkout HiFiBerry .
- 2019-06-27: OpenCL driver works on ROCK Pi 4. Checkout the wiki page.
- 2019-06-24🔥: SPI + NVMe booting is available now. Checkout the wiki page and the forum.
- 2019-06-19: ROCK Pi Summer Update: ROCK Pi 4 V1.4, PoE HAT and new ROCK Pi S! Check it out.
- 2019-06-12: Community Updates page is created! A place for all the updates about ROCK Pi.
- 2019-06-12: New USB 3.0 eMMC reader is announced! Checkout the announcement in the forum.
- 2019-06-07: New Armbian Image for ROCK Pi 4 is released for testing. Checkout the Armbain announcement page.
- Answers to frequently asked technical questions
- Answers to sale of ROCK Pi X