- 1 General
- 2 Hardware
- 3 OS
Where can I buy ROCK Pi?
- Currently you can buy it from Allnet. Check the Buy page
Where is ROCK Pi 4 Model A, I can't buy it from anywhere?
- At the time of writing(17th, Nov), ROCK Pi Model A is still in production now. We will announce it when model A is ready to ship.
What's the prices for different models and what includes?
- The suggested retail price for ROCK Pi is
|ROCK Pi 4 Model A||$39||$49||$65|
|ROCK Pi 4 Model B||$49||$59||$75|
The package includes only the main board. See the picture.
How to mount M.2 SSD?
- We have made a M.2 extended board to put the M.2 SSD on top of ROCK Pi4. It looks like this. See picture here and here.
How to solve board heat issue?
What Android verison running on ROCK Pi? Can I install Google Play apps?
- Currently ROCK Pi 4 have two android 7.1 based images, Android TV like image and Android tablet interface image. Both support Google Play Store. The Android tablet like version supports touchscreen and Camera and HDMI. The Android TV version supports HDMI. Newer Android 9 is working in progress now.
Can I install Android on USB 3 or M.2 SSD?
- Currently Android is running on eMMC only. We are working on running on microSD card now. Running on USB3 or NVMe SSD is a little bit trouble some since the CPU can not load USB/NVME directly to boot. So we must put an external bootloader in SPI flash or eMMC or microSD card to loader the image in USB 3 or NVMe SSD. ROCK Pi 4 has reserved SPI flash on board but currently not mounted by default shipping. We are still considering it since if the program in SPI flash is corrupted, it will be trouble some for user since the SPI flash is not removable. We will work on Android running on USB 3 or NVMe SSD.