This is the documentation for ROCK3, written by Radxa Team with community contributions.
ROCK3 is a series of Rockchip RK3568 based SBC(Single Board Computer) by Radxa. It can run android or some Linux distributions.
ROCK3 comes in two models, Model A and Model B, Model A has 2GB, 4GB, 8GB ram options, Model B has 4GB and 8GB options. For detailed difference of Model A and Model B, please check Specifications.
ROCK3 features a quad core Cortex-A55 ARM processor, 32bit 3200Mb/s LPDDR4, up to 4K@60 HDMI, MIPI DSI, MIPI CSI, 3.5mm jack with mic, USB Port, GbE LAN, PCIe 3.0, PCIe 2.0, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK3 supports USB PD and QC powering.
- 2022-07-08: OpenSUSE now supports Radxa Zero, installation tutorials from OpenSUSE Wiki.
- 2022-06-23: ROCK 5B Developer Edition is shipping, checkout the Debug Party
- 2022-01-09: ROCK 5 Model B is announced: an ARM64 desktop level SBC
- 2021-10-11: Radxa Zero Debian/Ubuntu system images are released. Check the Radxa Zero Downloads.
- 2021-08-25: ROCK 3A Debian/Ubuntu system images are released. Check the ROCK 3 Downloads.
- 2021-07-11: IOhub is even more affordable with ROCK PI X hardware
- 2021-06-16: Radxa Zero is released
- 2021-04-15: ROCK PI S Based GPS NTP appliance is launched
- 2021-03-13: Build a Mini Serene Screen Aquarium with ROCK Pi X
- 2021-03-11: ROCK Pi 4 as the perfect Chia coin crypto currency farmer
- Getting started with your ROCK 3, including what you need and how to get it booted.
- ROCK 3A GPIO pinout
- ROCK 3B GPIO pinout
- Radxa CM3 IO GPIO pinout
- Radxa CM3 RASPCM4IO GPIO pinout
- Radxa E23 GPIO pinout
- Radxa E25 GPIO pinout
Installing an operating system on your ROCK 3, including eMMC module.
- Install rockchip flash tools
- Install the image to SPI Nor Flash
- Install the image to NVME SSD
- Install the image to microSD
- Install the image to eMMC with USB to eMMC Reader
- Install to eMMC from USB port (ROCK 3A)
- Install to eMMC from USB port (ROCK 3B)
- Install to eMMC from USB port (Radxa CM3 IO)
- Install to eMMC from USB port (Radxa CM3 RSAP4IO)
- Install to eMMC from USB port (Radxa E23)
- Install to eMMC from USB port (Radxa E25)
- Partition table
- Update from Radxa Apt
Information about Linux and Android development, this is mostly for developers.
- Using Serial Console
- Build Debian from scratch
- Using Android Debug Bridge
- Using CAN bus communication
- Using Coral Edge TPU
- NPU Run Test
- Install libmraa
- SPI + NVME SSD boot
Information about NPU acceleration and AI development
- Rock-X - A set of rapid AI components
- RKNN-API - C API of RKNN
- RKNN-Toolkit - Python API of RKNN
- RKNPU2 SDK -RK3566/RK3568 RKNPU2 SDK
- Android SSD Demo - Android RKNN SSD Demo
Fundamental Android usage for beginners and more advanced information for power users.
Technical specifications about the ROCK 3 hardware, including WI-FI module, LCD module, etc.
- ROCK 3A Main Board - Hardware introduction of ROCK 3A
- ROCK 3B Main Board - Hardware introduction of ROCK 3B
- Radxa ROCK3 Compute Module - Hardware introduction of Radxa CM3
- Models and SKU
- Device Tree Overlays
- Camera module
- Answers to frequently asked technical questions
- Answers to sale of ROCK 3
- Forum: http://forum.radxa.com
- Discord: https://rock.sh/go
- QQ Group: 591048098
- How to contribute to this wiki, refer ROCK Pi 4 contribution page