Getting start with rock2 square board.
The rock2 square package comes with the following items:
- rock2 SoM x 1
- square base board x 1
- usb to dc power cable x 1
- sata cable x 1
- wifi antenna
- M3 screws x 2
You also need the following items to get the board working.
- Power adapter, 5V/2A is a must, if you want to connect 2.5 inch SATA disk, 5V/3A is a must
- HDMI cable to connect to TV or monitor with HDMI input
- Mouse or keyboard for input
Additional, it will be better if you have the following:
- 2.5 inch disk, you can have much more storage other than on board storage
- CR1220 RTC battery, to keep time when you shutdown the device. The device will get the time from network without RTC battery.
- Wired or wireless network
Install the SoM
The SoM has the CPU, memory and storage on it(which has been pre-installed OS on it). If you haven't setup the SoM on the base board, follow the picture below to install the SoM.
- inset the SoM gold finger to the connector with an angle of about 30 degree until the gold finger reach the end of the connector
- press the mounting hole of the SoM and use screw to mount it on the base board
like the picture below: