Frequently Asked Questions
Who is behind the radxa project.
- Radxa is a startup by Tom Cubie and his friends based in Shenzhen.
Features and Specifications
What is the wifi module chip, can it operate as an Access Point?
- The wifi module is RTL8723au. There is not much information on the internet about it yet. You can view the specification of the module here: rtl8723_module_spec It can be operate as an AP. The driver can be found here: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723au.
- Some radxa rock boards come with a RTL8188ETV. The driver can be found here: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu.
What is the size of the board?
- The size is 10x8cm (4"x3.1"), about 1.2cm (0.5") tall.
Are both audio in and out on the 80 pin?
- Audio in is on the 80 pin headers, and audio out is on hdmi, spdif, av jack.
- There is also an integrated microphone on the PCB
What battery the radxa rock needs for the RTC?
- The model of the RTC battery is CR1220, it's 3V.